Technical Support Lead
Lead Technical support engineer
We are searching for a Lead Technical Support Engineer on behalf of our client: This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing Software Company who are pioneers in the Data world.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley and Tel Aviv, working with some of the world’s top industrial, financial, and media enterprises.
Joining the team as Technical Support lead in the early stages of rapid growth will bring obvious career development and exciting challenges. We are looking for a seasoned Tech Support expert to be the number 2 in a small growing team.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include:
- Proactively monitoring customer environments and identifying problems and trends
- Receiving and triaging customer requests, identifying problems and providing immediate response
- Logging and keeping records of customer queries
- Using support tools, email and chat applications to give clients quick answers. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals
- Coordinating with R&D (based in Israel) on a solution/patch/version that will be supplied to the customer and communicating the timeline to the customer
- Identifying problems with the support process and escalate them
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Technical Support Engineer
- Experience with Linux based systems
- Experience with databases and knowledge of SQL
- Development experience in scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Logical thinker. Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good and accurate record keeping
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Self-starter, autodidactic
- Team player
- Experience with Big Data platforms – advantage
- Experience with Data Analytics tools (Power BI, Tableau..) – advantage
- Degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering – advantage
- Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification – advantage
- The US head office is based in San Francisco, with a further planned hub in Austin, Texas.
This opportunity offers a home office.