PMO Consultant, UK
Be a part of a globally renowned management consulting firm that is on the front-line of industry disruption. Join a mid-size player with an entrepreneurial spirit that works with a market-leading brand in every sector. A consulting business that is annually recognized as one of the UK’s top firms by the Financial Times and Forbes due to their client innovations, cultural diversity and dedicated training and career paths offered to consultants.
The team helps some of the largest global firms and most recognizable local brands solve their biggest challenges in today’s age of constant disruption. With diverse services spanning ERP, IT strategy and architecture, IT Operations, Cloud Transformation and Security, Risk and Compliance, they help executives to deliver value and enable the businesses they work in through the use of technology.
Salaries are upwards of £75k base depending on experience with significant bonus and leading benefits package. Unrivalled career prospects and training are also to be expected.
• Consult clients in all areas of PMO and Programme Transformation, with additional Focus Area on Analyzing, Reviewing and Improving customer organization portfolio and change frameworks and related implementation in organization, processes and technologies.
• The role includes servicing, supporting, management and consulting of clients in projects that can range from an adoption of PMO services, creation and execution of actual PMO and Project/Programme Management activities, or leading key role as Transformation/or Transition Manager
• Support project and programme management, review, consult or preparation of methodologies and value propositions for our actual and prospective clients.
• Manage teams and projects, establish and improve client relationships, detect and report business development opportunities About You You will have a “business advisory” mindset, a strong career progression to date and experience collaborating with global enterprises. You know how to work within a complex matrix organization and have a strong team spirit. You are also:
• Possessing a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
• Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving
• Keen attention to detail
• Able to absorb and retain information quickly
• Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent in understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
• Excellent in communication, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills • Exceptional in interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
• Fluent in English
• Able to work on C-Level and keep language appropriate for your stakeholders' level from executive, non-technical staff and end users in both business and IT
• Keeping your customers in center of everything you do
• Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
Your diverse experience may include
• Strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of the overall context of underlying business processes and technologies.
• People management and team leading, including nurturing, coaching and upskilling team members.
• Deep understanding and practical experience in implementation and adoption of PMO best practices or an actual experience in big transformation or complex organization wide change programmes
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies, its frameworks and their old-fashioned equivalents
• Deep Knowledge and experience in implementing change management and portfolio management framework, including establishing organizational processes and procedures
• Deep understanding of CSF, KPIs, benefits realization practices e.g. OKRs and change frameworks.
• Ability to support assessments and to provide insights on current frameworks and delivery methods.
• Knowledge of Risk Management framework and project/programme budgeting practices Qualifications and certifications
• Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Assurance, Business OR equivalent.
• Proven experience programme/project management, risk management, or transformation and transition project; preferred candidates will have demonstrated experience in a Big Four company.
• Preferred candidates will have certifications or equivalent qualifications like PRINCE2 practitioner, PMP, Agile PM, PSM or CSM.